
The two things I said I would never do:
(1) Live in the suburbs
(2) Own a mini-van
It's down to one thing - we now own an actual mini-van. We've known we were going to get one since we decided to adopt Jack, since my beloved Honda CRV will not hold 3 carseats. We'd pretty much decided on the kind - a Kia Sedona, which has excellent safety and other ratings. So we were just going to stop at the dealership and look at one and pick up a brochure - I should have known better as the last time we did that we came home with the Honda. So approximately 5 hours, one cranky and one sick and sleeping girl later, we drove home in a lovely dark blue Sedona with way more features than I would have picked (but no DVD player, thank goodness). It was grueling, but I am glad it's over and it's one more thing to not worry about, it has lots of room for 3 kids, 2 dogs and the 2 of us. Poor Annie cried for about an hour when she realized that the Honda wasn't coming home with us. She was consoled somewhat by the remote control with the buttons that open and close the sliding doors - this was her sole requirement for a new car.
Bethany has been sick for the last few days. She had to come home early on Thursday from daycare when she woke up from her nap with a fever. I stayed home with both girls on Friday. Annie is fine now but Bethany has had a fever on and off since then and currently has one of almost 101 degrees, so Charlie is going to take her to the doctor tomorrow. Poor little girl, she is all congested and just miserable.
Hopefully I can control any urges to move to the suburbs...but having kids really does change everything. :)








2 comments:
Congratulations on the new mini-van! I want one!! :-)
Me, too! I also said I would never have one, but I am ready to ditch the SUV for something that gets a little better gas mileage!
I already have a house in the burbs. Oh, well! ;0)
Post a Comment