
The Yahoo group for Jack's orphanage has a separate site for pictures that visiting parents have taken of the SWI. His SWI is really good about having visitors and allowing parents to take pictures of children already matched with families. I thought I had gone through every folder and every picture on the site (and there are dozens of folders and hundreds of pictures) looking for any that included Jack. As a result I have a quite a few pictures of him. But tonight I found a few more in a folder that was supposed to be of the 5 and 6 year old class. They were taken in August 2007, when he just turned 4 but there he is! How cool.
And this morning we finally had our physicals (originally scheduled for several weeks ago, but our doctor had a family emergency and was out of town). As soon as we were done, I drove the forms and a couple of other pieces of info directly to our agency. All these forms, our homestudy report (and of course, more fees) will be mailed to the USCIS (Immigration) tomorrow so we can (hopefully) be approved by the US government to adopt an overseas orphan. In past years this whole process took 4-6 weeks, but we have friends that had to wait 4 months due to some problems in the USCIS office. So we are praying that ours goes faster. We included a little picture of Jack - how could anyone look at that face and not approve us immediately to bring him home!








1 comment:
Hello! My daughter is the little girl in the yellow t-shirt with the daisies on the front! She is in the same classroom as your son! Looking forward to following along on your journey!
Erin DeNicolo
www.ourhefeiadoption.blogspot.com
Post a Comment