Thursday, October 2, 2008

I'm going to marry him !

Tonight after school Annie announced that she has a boyfriend. The man in her life is not new, he is her age and they have been in the same before and after school program for a couple of years. He is just the sweetest boy, looks like a little angel with curly blonde hair and big blue eyes.

I suspect this has been going on for a while because last spring I found a bungee cord in her backpack. When I asked where it came from, it turned out he had given it to her. He told me very seriously it was to help keep her stuff safe when she rode her bike.

Anyway, this year they are not just in day care together, they are in the same class, which Annie thinks is totally cool. Today must have been a milestone of sorts because as Annie was telling me he was her boyfriend, I could hear him telling his mom that Annie is his girlfriend. Later on, amidst many giggles, she told me "I'm going to marry him then I'm going to his house to kiss him then I am coming home!"

2 comments:

Redmom2005 said...

That is soooo cute!! And wouldn't it be ironic if some day they DO marry?!! Young love is so adorable!! I wonder how brother Jack is going to react? He might tell this boy to STAY AWAY from his sister!!!

Redmom2005 said...

Any possibility that I could send a large bubble envelope with you for the orphanage director? It's from myself, Ruth and another Hefei mom. It was supposed to go with the last family who traveled, but.....it never went!
:)
Erin