Monday, April 4, 2011

This is not for the faint of heart

In the last two days, I've been:

~thrown up on in my favorite grocery store, necessitating a frantic race with with a barfed- on child wailing in the grocery cart and a furtive trip out the door (a kind passerby notified store personnel for me). This meant that I had to drive 10 miles out of the way to go to a different grocery store the next day, because they know me at the first store and I

~provided dinner and snacks to two school friends that I did not know were coming for a playdate until 10 mins before they showed up,

~been told by all three of them "You NEVER pay any attention to me because you love Annie/Bethany/Jack more"

~been assured that other Moms would allow their 7,8 and 9 year olds to walk home after school and stay by themselves for 3 hours til I come home (never mind that there is actually a law against that here).

~Had several other infractions of Good Mommyhood that I don't quite understand but which my children assure me that I incurred.

Now I am going to be a Good Mommy (in their eyes) and a Bad Mommy (in mine) and going to my room BY MYSELF while leaving them to play the evil Batman Lego Wii game.

1 comment:

Aus said...

No - no one ever said that parenthood was for the weak!!

But it IS about the most rewarding thing any one can do!!

And ya know - from here - if the kids are griping that 'they never get to do anything' - well then it really means - "we never get to get away with anything"....and that means that mom is doing a good job!!

Besides - we all know that my mom loved my brother more - he got a dog and all I ever got was a chicken! :) (and if you don't remember the Rowan and Martin Laugh In TV program - well - then that crack wasn't nearly as funny to you as it was for me!!)

hugs - keep up the good work!

aus and co.