
Annie has so wanted to wear flip flops ever since she came home. The problem is that one of her feet is about 1/2 length and has no toes and the other foot has a little toe and the rest of her toes are fused. So flip flops have never seemed to be an option and we've never had them in the house so as not to make her feel bad.
Today when I went to pick the girls up at daycare, the dramatic play area had been set up as a beach. There were towels and beach toys--and flip flops. As soon as I walked in the door, I could hear Annie yelling "Mommy, Mommy, come see!" from the other side of the room. Lo and behold, she had a pair of flip flops on and they were staying on! Honestly, I think she holds them on her feet through sheer will. So our next stop was Walgreens and we came home with lovely pink flip flops for Annie and Bethany both. Annie is loving walking around the house making flip flop noises. Her determination (and love of fashion) are just amazing.








4 comments:
Great news about the log-in date! And, what a GREAT story about the flip-flops!! Funny what we can do when we REALLY want to!! Now, that little girl has some real WILL POWER!! We should all learn from her!!!
Yeah for LID!!!
And the flip flops are just too cute! Happy girl!
Trena
ChuWei's mommy
from Autumn List
Yeah!!! LID!!! Let the countdown begin and let it be fast!!!!!!!
So happy to hear about the flip flops!! It is amazing what our children can do!!
That is about the cutest thing I have ever heard! You go, Annie!
Congratulations on LID - I am so looking forward to watching your journey to Jack!
Love from one Guangdong mama to another,
Laura Beth
Post a Comment