
Charlie and I were married in a smallish ceremony at a beautiful bed and breakfast near here. It was a typical spring day, alternating sun and clouds, and since we had opted to get married outside (without a tent) we were terrified that we were going to be rained out. Well, I was terrified. Charlie was like he normally is, confident that all would be well. And it was. The only weather-related issue was that the wind kicked up just as we were to light the unity candle. After several attempts to light it with our separate tapers, and much laughter, the minister whipped out a little propane lighter and we were set.
We married late in life and I would have never imagined 12 years later we would be have a kindergartener, along with first and third graders. And I would never have imagined that we would have travelled around the world to bring them home and make our family. But here we are and I wouldn't change it for anything.
The pictures are of a lilac bush in our backyard, taken this afternoon. I planted it a few years before Charlie and I were married, but it never bloomed. Several years after our wedding Charlie took his clippers to it one day when I was out. I was so angry, but he told me to just wait and see. Lo and behold the next spring it blooomed for the first time and it has bloomed every year since. So my dear husband, thank you for bringing lilacs into my life, and so many other things as well.








1 comment:
That was a wonderful post - there is a lot in your words that still goes 'unspoken' but it's beautiful none the less!
hugs - aus and co.
Post a Comment