
The Sticky Lock

The Rescue Ranger

Saturday was supposed to be rainy, I think. Or maybe not, this time of year who really knows. Anyway, it was cloudy but not raining so after running errands, we decided to visit a county park that the kids and I have been to for Easter Egg hunts but Charlie had never seen.
There is a nice playground and a lot of picnic areas, but it was pretty much deserted at this time of year. Of course it was inevitable that we would need to visit the restroom and after finding several locked buildings, we finally found one that was open. All the kids crowded in and they shut the door after them. Big mistake. Very quickly we found that the door would not open and despite Charlie and I hollering instructions through the door, the kids could not get it to open from the inside. So Charlie took off in the van to find a ranger and I stayed outside the door to reassure the kids that there would be a ranger somewhere in the vast park that would have a key. Shortly after Charlie left, a State patrol car came down the road and I flagged down the trooper. I am sure he would have had some kind of tool that would have opened the door. Luckily, just as he was coming to our rescue, the ranger truck appeared, followed by Charlie. The ranger quickly got the door open (turned out the lock was slightly out of whack) and the kids were free. Bethany came right out, turned around, stomped her foot, gave the building the evil eye and yelled "You are a very NAUGHTY POTTY!"








1 comment:
Glad you found a hero!!
hugs - aus and co.
Post a Comment