Thursday, November 13, 2008

Last day in Hefei

Can I just say that 5 year old boys have an astounding amount of energy? I thought we were prepared for this with the two girls coming home at about the same age, but Jack is something else. Charlie took him out for a long walk this morning while the girls watched movies and it didn't slow him down at all. He never walks, he runs and jumps and leaps through the air--maybe he is being Ultraman?

No pictures this morning as we are hanging out in the hotel until 2:00, then going to Jack's orphanage and straight to the airport. The guide said Jack is looking forward to his first plane. It should be interesting--at least this one is only about 2 hours long, we don'thave to start out with the 10 hour trip.

We've enjoyed our stay in Hefei, though a lot of the time was spent hanging out in the wonderful hotel room. Everywhere we went in this city there was new construction going on. We hope to come back some day on homeland tour and it will be interesting to see how things change in the meantime.

More tomorrow from Guangzhou!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I am glad that you had a good time in Hefei!!!
Yes, boys are always moving - it is really great that he has so much energy!!

Aus said...

Enjoy your time in GZ - it was a wonderful part of our trip! If your guide ends up being Bob - give him greetings from the Ausdenmoore's - he was with us just about a year ago now!

Love just looking at your journey - so very cool!

aus and family

Redmom2005 said...

Betsy, let me just say this.....boys are sooooooooo much different from girls! Honestly...I love my boys dearly, but I would have a DOZEN more girls before I would ever have another boy!!!!!!!!!!! They keep me on my toes, that's for sure! Hope Jack's first flight goes smoothly! Look forward to seeing more pictures!