Monday, November 17, 2008

Still in GZ


Things are fine with the girls and Jack-who had his first kicking and screaming meltdown last night in the hotel lobby.

I apparently have food poisoning or something and have been horribly sick since last night, so am behind on pictures and posts. Hoping this will get better soon and no one else gets sick. Tomorrow is the swearing-in ceremony and on Weds we are driving 12 hours round trip to visit Annie's orphanage. Prayers and good thoughts would be appreciated as the idea of taking that drive sick with the differences in Chinese toilets is really worrying! I just don't want Annie to miss this opportunity.

Charlie is really being a trooper and is taking care of all three of them.

More later

3 comments:

Aus said...

Prayers for you guys - and on a practical note - there is a shop very near the Victory that has a 'western OTC medicine' shelf in the back - you might be able to find something for your illness there! The stuff is free to adoptive families! I'm thinking it was called 'Jennifer's'?

Hang in there and Way To Go Charlie!

aus and family

Redmom2005 said...

Betsy - I hope you're feeling better really soon, and hope you're able to make that trip to Annie's orphanage! I'm also hoping that Jack's meltdown was a one-time thing! Those behavioral issues can be so hard to deal with on top of an already stressful situation! I'm keeping you guys in my prayers!
:)
Erin

Ruth said...

Hope you are feeling better and noone else gets sick -hoping the trip to Annie's orphanage goes smoothly!