Monday, November 17, 2008

B & B's Excellent Adventure and More Good Times in Guangzhou










As I mentioned in the last post, I am a little behind on posting due to a bout with what seems to be food poisoning. It's almost gone now, thank goodness, but it took a whole day to get over-ugh. So here is an update

Sunday morning we went to Yuntai Park, which is a beautiful botantical garden. It was kind of hot, and luckily they had some nice fountains for the kids to run in and out of. There was also a beautiful lake full of koi, which are extremely spoiled by tourists like us who buy food for them.

That afternoon Bethany and I went on our own little adventure. Kathy the guide took us to the Children's Wholesale Clothing Market to buy clothes to donate to Bethany's orphanage. We had a lot of fun--Kathy left us at the door and we managed to but a ton of cute clothes, get a taxi and get back to the hotel all by ourselves.

Sunday night we went on a boat cruise with some other Heritage families. The buildings along the river are all lit up at night and just beautiful.

Yesterday was a quiet day, thank goodness. Charlie and the kids went out to dinner with the rest of the group to yummy Thai food. Today we have have Jack's swearing in ceremony at the US Consulate in about 2 hours. Unfortunately they won't let us take pictures due to security reasons but it's always an inspiring time.

Tomorrow we are gone all day to Shantou, Annie's orphanage. 10 hours in a van with 3 energetic kids should be interesting!

4 comments:

Laura Beth said...

Love your new blog header photo of the kids at Yuntai gardens, but the one of the kids in the shower caps is a CLASSIC! Hilarious! That is one to enlarge and put out at the weddings, for sure. All of their facial expressions are just priceless! Glad you are having a good time in the comfortable setting of the island. We liked it there, too. Eat at Lucy's for me. :o)
Hugs, Laura Beth

Ruth said...

Loved the pictures - especially the header one!!! Awesome!
Can't wait to see you Friday am!!

Redmom2005 said...

I love the new picture on your blog header! So glad you're feeling better!! I'm anxious to see how things go on your 10-hour drive to the orphanage! Best of luck!! Have I mentioned how "brave" you are?!! First the train, and now this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

Aus said...

I'll have to second LB's comments - with one addition - Lucy's had the coldest Tsing Dau I could find on the island!

Love following your trip - a year ago tomorrow we were starting our journey to Braelyn - lots of really fond memories for us!

hugs -

aus and family